National Fishing & Boating Week is officially in full swing. Those of us that love the fishing and boating lifestyle know this week is a great opportunity to share the sport with others. This Saturday (June 12) marks National Get Outdoors Day & National Marina Day.
To celebrate, the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF), the National Marine Manufacturers of America (NMMA) and the American Marina Industries Association (AMI) along with many supporting partners have joined forces to create 10 special events across the country – Boat. Fish. Live. At National Marina Day. These events are designed to bring new individuals into marinas and let them experience all the ways boating can enrich their lives.
The 10 locations:
- Anchorage Marina – Baltimore, Md.
- Aqualand Marina – Lake Lanier, Ga.
- Bill Bird Marina at Haulover Park – Miami, Fla.
- Brisbane Marina – Brisbane, Cal.
- Callville Bay Resort & Marina – Lake Mead, Nev.
- Colony Marine at Algonac Harbor Club – Algonac, Mich.
- Harbourgate Marina–North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Marina Bay at Boston Harbor – North Quincy, Mass.
- New Rochelle Municipal Marina – New Rochelle, N.Y.
- Scotts Landing – Grapevine, Texas
I plan on attending the event in Baltimore, Maryland this Saturday. Anchorage Marina has several events planned including: on-water instructional sessions with the Recreational Power Boat Association’s certified instructors, demo boat rides from local marinas and BoatUS members, and many other family fun activities.
If you are in one of the 10 cities hosting National Marina Day events, I encourage you to find your way to that marina – and bring a friend!
More details available @ BoatFishLive.com.