Batman differs from most superheroes in that he often relies on his “wonderful toys,” as the Joker once said. Some of these gadgets are kept on his utility belt. With all of the tools that can be clipped to a belt, this fisherman sometimes feels like Batman.
● Multi tool. It includes pliers to help unhook fish and a handy screw driver, among other tools.
● Cell phone. If a smart phone, there is a TakeMeFishing.org app for locating “hot spots” or boat ramps.
● Bait holder. This version is for bait in jars such as salmon eggs or PowerBait.
● Knife. Large blade for cutting bait, rope, or opening that economy size box of honeybuns.
● Rod holder. This works for holding that spare fishing rod, or if you need to warm your hands while bait fishing on a chilly morning.
What do you clip to your Bat…, I mean, fishing belt?
Andy Whitcomb is a columnist, outdoor humorist, and stressed-out Dad living in Pennsylvania. Visit him at www.justkeepreeling.com.
Latest posts by Andy Whitcomb (see all)
- Keeping it Creel: A Conservation and Management Tool - October 12, 2015
- Fishing Safety Tips: Selecting Clothes - October 5, 2015
- Freshwater Fishing Lures for the Entire Water Column - September 28, 2015