I am a fishing and boating enthusiast. And I don’t have to look far to determine that I am not alone. I constantly notice fishing rods in backseats, outboard motor brands on truck tailgates and rear windows, and license plates with the “jumping fish” upgrade.
Here are some ways people show their fishing and boating love:
1) A kayak is always sticking out of the back of the truck, (and grinning all the time).
2) A bass-shaped boat trailer hitch cover is on your vehicle.
3) Hats and shirts frequently bearing a fish related logo or saying are in your closet.
4) A fish shaped mailbox is outside your house.
5) You wear the Mrs. sporting earrings made from lures.
6) You own a lure-shaped keychain.
7) Like in Pennsylvania, your fishing license is pinned on clothing for visibility, often a hat, and simply left there, even if attending a baseball game.
8) Decals of hooks, fish, and other stickers are on your car.
How do you show your love for fishing and boating?
Andy Whitcomb is a columnist, outdoor humorist, and stressed-out Dad living in Pennsylvania. Visit him at www.justkeepreeling.com.